The human mind is an amazing source for all of our emotions and thoughts, the functioning of our physical body, and much more. It is also the home of the human ego, which is a mechanism put in place as an obstacle meant to present us with challenges in our lives. While it can provide a stimulus to move us to action, it can also provide negative messages which can have the opposite effect. In this mode, it is the defeatist voice in your head trying to convince you that events will not work out to your advantage, that you are not good enough to succeed, and a whole host of other negative thoughts and statements that are illusions born out of fears, worries, and regrets. The human ego is persuasive and persistent with its messages. It can be difficult to tune it out when it tries to drum out positive thoughts with a relentless interjection of worries, fears, and regrets that play in your head. It is possible to learn how to minimize the negative voice of the human ego and release yourself from its hurtful and time-wasting mind chatter. Here are some ways that may help you to open your mind to the wonderful possibilities present in your life every day:
- Know the negative voice of the human ego is skilled at providing illusions meant to veer you off track and block you from achieving your dreams. Acknowledge the negative thoughts by thanking your ego for its input and letting it know they are not necessary, and then replace the negative thoughts with positive affirmations about yourself or your circumstances.
- Focus on the present. You are safe and you are loved in this moment. Count the blessings you have, no matter how big or small.
- Have confidence in your ability to overcome adversity. You have done so in the past and you will do so again.
- Make a gratitude list of everything you are thankful for, including all of the beautiful qualities you possess that make you who you are.
- Know that every situation, no matter how negative, has a positive reason for occurring. Keep looking for the positive reasons and you will find them. You may not recognize them right away, but your guys and gals in heaven know you are searching for answers and will send epiphanies your way when you are ready to accept them. The more you practice this, the faster the epiphanies will come to you. This will also help clear your mind of worries and fears while helping you recognize workable solutions.
- Review your life and see how circumstances seemed to miraculously line up for you. Can you recognize how one situation led to another and how you benefited by the progress you made? Once you can recognize this, you are more likely to relax when circumstances appear to be challenging because you will have learned that situations have a way of working out—sometimes better than you had ever imagined.
- When you are struggling with a particular situation and your stress levels are through the roof, surrender your grief and troubles to God. God wants us to ask for help and God can help us during both good times and challenging times. By asking for help and handing your problems up to God, you are surrendering your attachment to a particular outcome. This does not mean you are giving up. It means you are asking for the best resolution for you and all involved, whatever that may entail. God and your guys and gals in heaven have a much bigger picture than you do regarding your life. When you let go of continually striving for particular outcomes, you open yourself up to guidance into better outcomes than you could have imagined.
- Be patient, trust in the circumstances you are in, and wait for situations to unfold. Too often, the human ego creates a feeling of steady insistence for situations to go only the way we want them to go. By pushing to have your way, you may be closing yourself off from better solutions. God knows what you need, even if you do not recognize it yourself. By letting go of what you think you need, you may open the door to magnificent opportunities. Learn how to sit back and relax while waiting for instructions through repeated messages and signs from your guys and gals in heaven.
- Meditation is a powerful tool for helping the mind, body, and spirit return to simplicity. Put on soft instrumental music, sit or lie down in a comfortable position, and focus on your breath and the heart of your spirit. Doing so gives your mind, body, and soul the opportunity to relax and be more open to positive solutions from your Heavenly Support Team.
- Know that the events in your life are guided and orchestrated by life plans, also known as soul contracts. These contracts contain high-level agreements made prior to your birth on earth to experience certain lessons for your soul. Even though the lessons are chosen, the way they are presented in your life is determined once you are here on earth. One of the reasons for this is the gift of free will. You choose how you react to situations, which also determines how you move through lessons. The pace in which you learn is unique to you. Therefore, events are facilitated on earth based on your progress, as well as the progress of those around you. Often, the soul contracts of multiple people are tied into one event that is orchestrated on earth. The facilitation of this process is absolutely amazing.
- Know you are loved and supported by God and the angels. They have your best interests at heart and will do what they can without interfering with lessons that need to be learned.
- Learn how to trust God. Sometimes, pain and frustration regarding situations may cause a loss of faith in God and your life plan. One of my most important lessons had to do with learning how to trust in the circumstances I am in, as well as placing my absolute trust in God. The reward is peace and a more relaxed outlook on life (less stress, worry, and needless fears).
- Learn how to recognize and understand the signs and messages your guys and gals in heaven send you on a daily basis. By connecting with the spiritual side of your nature, you will more readily recognize and benefit from the assistance you receive when navigating your life.
- No matter what the circumstances, know that God is not punishing you or testing you. There is no doubt that life on earth can be very challenging. We agreed to come down here to learn lessons in a hard and fast way. Sometimes our greatest challenges can turn out to be our greatest triumphs. Again, keep looking for the positive in negative situations.
- Create a support team of friends and trusted people you can go to when you need a helping hand. Asking for help when you need it and offering it to others when they need it, helps you to acknowledge one of the fundamental reasons we exist – to love and be loved. No man or woman is an island. We all need help from time to time, and a healthy balance of give and take in your relationships will help all involved through the rough patches.
- Know you will be given everything you need to fulfill your destiny.
- Know you are in control of you and only you. You cannot control the events that occur in your life, nor can you control how others behave. The only control you have is over your reaction to those events. You decide through thoughts, actions and words how events will affect you. Remember, happiness is a choice and your thoughts determine the paths you will take and the lessons you will learn.
- Talk to God every day about the good and the challenging. God is right there in your heart, ready to listen and send love when you need it. Who better to talk things over with than the one who created you and has your best interests at heart?
- Learn to truly love who you are with honest acceptance and acknowledgement of the unique and beautiful soul you are.
- Remind yourself that most of your worries have never come true.
- Instead of letting your mind drift to the worst possible outcomes, work on visualizing the best outcomes or more positive outcomes. Try not to be too hard on yourself. This takes practice.
- If there is positive action that you can take, follow through with it. If you are unable to do so, let the situation go and trust you are receiving help from above.
- Spiritual timing and what we deem as necessary timing for events can be two different things. God knows what you need and when you need it.
- Do not lose sight of the love you do have in your life, including self-love, love of others, love from pets.
- Engage in self-care. Take care of you and participate in activities that bring you joy.
- Take a break from negativity. If you find yourself becoming stressed out from negative news on the television, Internet, or social media, take a break from it. While it is good to remain knowledgeable about current events, it may be healthier for your mind, body, and spirit to balance negativity with positive stories and activities.
- Be kind to yourself and others. Treat yourself and others the way you would like to be treated. Random and planned acts of kindness uplift your soul and state of mind. Moreover, your thoughtful acts may mean the world to someone in need.
- When facing challenges, it may be helpful to think in terms of “just for today.” By setting positive goals for yourself and focusing on the present, you are more likely to succeed. This will work for both short-term and long-term goals. For example, if you focus on short-term tasks related to your long-term goals, you will take steps each day toward your long-term goals.
- Know that miracles can and do happen each and every day—they can happen to you and those you love.
- Know that love is the soul reason for your existence.
May these methods help you as you make your way through your journey of life on earth. Do you have other positive methods that have helped you through stressful times? If so, feel free to share them in the comments section below. We could all use a little help now and then, and I would love to hear about the methods that have helped sustain you through changes and challenging situations in your life.
With much love and many blessings for all,
Karen T. Hluchan
Spirit Medium, Motivational Speaker, Reiki Master, Spiritual Artist, & Author of How Have You Loved?
Follow Karen On: