There is much more to our world than what appears to be. Our
loved ones who have crossed over into Heaven have amazing access to our world,
which means they can not only communicate across dimensions, but also can make
their presence known to us in ways that use all our senses. They do not mean to
frighten you with their activity, but rather, they want to get your attention
to let you know they are around and to share helpful information with you about
your life or the lives of those you love. Anyone who has lost a loved one can
experience paranormal activity. It does not mean you have a ghost in your home,
but rather loved ones in spirit who are doing their best to let you know you
are loved and supported. Knowing how they do this will help you to understand
communications across dimensions and why it is happening.
There are many ways in which loved ones in spirit try to gain your attention. If you are ignoring their subtler signs, which can easily happen if you are not aware of the signs, they may increase their activities to the point in which you cannot ignore them. Usually, this is when people reach out to me to figure out what is going on. Here are some examples of how loved ones in spirit try to get your attention:
- Seeing them, a bar of light, or shadow out of the corner of your eye. Most of the time when you turn to look, the shape or image is no longer visible.
- Repeatedly seeing numbers that remind you of a loved one in spirit, such as a house number, birthday, death date, anniversary, or favorite number.
- Seeing repeated visual reminders of them in the form of images or words, such as frequent references to their favorite activities, jobs they worked, or favorite locations.
- Visitations in your dreams.
- The appearance or images of butterflies, ladybugs, cardinals, blue jays, dragonflies, hummingbirds, hawks, rainbows, coins, and more could be a sign that a loved one in spirit is near.
- Moving objects, such as tilting pictures or artwork, knocking a picture or artwork over or off the wall, making a rocking chair rock on its own, or moving a small object like a pen.
- Removing objects from your space and returning them. Often the objects are important to you or them, such as jewelry, photographs, keys, or watches.
- Electronics acting up, including the digitizing of your television screen, the freezing or malfunctioning of phones and computers in a strange manner, lights blinking or blowing out, or car windows malfunctioning (going up and down on their own).
- Seeing your loved one in spirit fully manifested in front of you like a ghost (rare but does occur). They do not do this often because it takes a tremendous amount of energy to do this and it can sometimes be disconcerting to the person seeing them.
- Hearing your name being called in their voice.
- Hearing music that reminds you of them, especially if it is a song you would not normally hear or hearing it with perfect timing to coincide with your thinking of them.
- Hearing music that plays in your head. As a note, they use this method to get direct messages to you. Look up the lyrics.
- Hearing their name or nickname spoken by someone else.
- Experiencing a radio or musical device acting up or turning on by itself with or without a power source.
- Hearing people speaking when no one is physically in your presence. You may or may not be able to decipher the words.
- Receiving thoughts that feel as though they are not your own and are heard in your own voice. They may come through as a word or phrase intended to help you. Loved ones in spirit will never send information telling you to hurt yourself or another.
- Feeling the presence of a loved one in spirit. There is a heightened awareness or feeling that your loved one in spirit is with you.
- Feeling a touch, as though someone placed their hand on your shoulder or arm.
- Feeling a wash of love from head to toe. This is when tingles start at the top of your head and travel throughout your body. This is one of the ways loved ones in spirit send you hugs from Heaven.
- Mysterious pains or sensations associated with a loved one’s ailments or passing. Usually, this occurs with spirit mediums who are trained to decipher the difference between personal ailments and sensory communications from loved ones in spirit.
- Smelling a scent that reminds you of them or you attribute to them. It usually does not belong where you are and is very strong, such as a perfume or cologne, cigarette smoke, chocolate, mothballs, or a favorite food they cooked or baked. You may be the only one who smells it.
- Experiencing a strong craving or taste for food they made or liked, as well as tasting cigarette or cigar smoke.
There are numerous ways loved ones in spirit let you know they are around. None of them should be ominous or threatening in any way. Fears can be heightened when there is a lack of understanding about how the spirit world operates, which is why there is a lot of misinformation out there regarding this topic. Many books, movies, and television shows have notoriously depicted paranormal activity as demonic beings intent on harming you. This is due to misunderstanding how spirit communication works from the Other Side, as well as the purposeful heightening of the fear factor for attention-getting purposes in film and television shows. To this day, I have never encountered anything I considered demonic or a poltergeist. Even if something like that did exist, I give it no power. The majority of the time, it is your loved ones in spirit trying to help you with your life or letting you know they are around loving and supporting you. Loved ones in spirit will also send you repeated signs to provide guidance for your life. If you are unsure of what your loved ones in spirit are attempting to convey, you can always book a reading with a professional spirit medium to receive direct messages from your loved ones in spirit. As a side note, those who had a funny or mischievous side to their personality in life still have that and will delight in having a bit of fun with you regarding their signs and the movement of objects.
When Paranormal Activity is More Pronounced or Disturbing
It is important to note that there are times when I and others have encountered heightened paranormal activity which can be disturbing if you do not know the source of the activity and why it is occurring in a jarring way. The sources of these disturbances tend to be a being in spirit who has not crossed over into Heaven, and they may cause stronger activity that come across as frightening, such as slamming doors or breaking objects. These souls, who have not crossed over into Heaven, are temporarily stuck between dimensions and are frustrated with their situation. They mean you no harm and are not upset with you. They are in your presence because you are open to the energies of souls in spirit, whether you are aware of that or not. They are desperate to get your attention in order to receive help in crossing over to the Other Side. There are many reasons why a soul does not cross over right away, such as not believing they belong in Heaven because of what they were taught on Earth or because they feel they have not completed tasks on Earth. What they need is compassion and assistance to cross over fully into Heaven. Whenever I come across souls in this situation, I help them by reopening the gateway and calling in the Archangels to help them transition from this world to the next. If you are experiencing disturbing paranormal activity, it is a good idea to check with a professional spirit medium to have them look into the activity to determine who it is and what needs to be done. Just telling these souls to leave will not work. If they could leave on their own, they would. It is also important to note that souls who are stuck between worlds are not necessarily tied to a particular location on Earth. Where they decide to hang out has to do with their connection with the people there or the location itself. Their presence is usually accompanied by a heavy or negative feeling due to their frustration and heavier energies of the Earth which have not been fully shed for the higher and lighter vibrational energies which accompany souls in Heaven. Again, these are not poltergeists or demons, but souls in a frustrating situation who need assistance crossing over to the Other Side.
It Is All About Love
In essence, when you are experiencing paranormal activity, it is most likely your own loved ones in spirit letting you know they are around. Their paranormal activities usually increase around important events, occasions, and holidays, as well as when you are going through challenging times. In addition, about a week or two before and a week or two after you see a spirit medium for a reading, they increase their activities because they are excited about being able to bring through direct messages and communications to you.
Our world is an amazing place that is so much more than what is perceived on the surface. The good news is, that it all revolves around the love that connects each and every one of us through the hearts of our spirits. The next time you experience unusual or paranormal activity ask, with your thoughts, who it is in spirit who is responsible for the activity. Whoever you think of first is who it is. Say hello and thank them for their presence. They love it when you recognize their signs and they love they send.
With Love and Light,
Karen T. Hluchan
Spirit Medium, Motivational Speaker, Reiki Master, Spiritual Artist, & Author of How Have You Loved?
Karen T. Hluchan is a spirit medium, motivational speaker, Reiki master, spiritual artist, and author of How Have You Loved?Through her mediumship practice, Healing Spirit with Love, she devotes her time to the healing of spirit on earth through her connection with heaven. Her passion for her calling is shared through spirit medium readings and angel readings, speaking engagements, and workshops she instructs, as well as through her writing, Reiki, and fine art spiritual paintings. All of her work is inspired by the divine light that is within us all. She has a great love of nature, people, and the planet, and she enjoys her connection in spirit, both here and in heaven.